CALL US NOW (404) 446-4700
(404) 446-4700
Home Practice Areas Firm Profile FAQs Blog Videos Testimonials Contact Us

Practice Areas


From employment-based visas, to family petitions, to deportation defense, Ibrahim & Rao is your immigration solution. With over 50 years of combined legal experience in handling intricate cases, our firm has garnered a reputation of excellence and professionalism in the legal community. Depend on our seasoned attorneys to handle your case - chances are likely that we have already done a similar case before.

Feel free to navigate the practice areas and links throughout our website. Unsure about where your particular case falls? Or perhaps your needs seem more complex? No problem. Give us a call and let us help.


  • E-1/E-2 (Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor)

    The E-1 (Treaty Investor) nonimmigrant classification allows a national of a treaty country (a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation) to be admitted to the United States solely to engage in international trade on his or her own behalf.
    The E-2 (Treaty Investor) nonimmigrant classification allows a national of a treaty country (a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation) to be admitted to the United States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.
  • H-1B (Temporary Nonimmigrant Worker)

    The H-1B program applies to employers seeking to hire nonimmigrant aliens as workers in specialty occupations. A specialty occupation is one that requires the application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and the attainment of at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. The intent of the H-1B provisions is to help employers who cannot otherwise obtain needed business skills and abilities from the U.S. workforce by authorizing the temporary employment of qualified individuals who are not otherwise authorized to work in the United States.
  • L-1 (Intra-Company Transferee)

    The L-1A nonimmigrant classification enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive or manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. This classification also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an executive or manager to the United States with the purpose of establishing one.
  • E (Treaty Trader and Investor Visas)

    The E category includes treaty traders and investors who come to the United States under a treaty of commerce and navigation between the United States and the country of which the treaty trader or investor is a citizen or national. This category also includes Australian specialty occupation workers.
  • O-1 (Individuals with Extraordinary Abilities or Achievements)

    The O-1 nonimmigrant classification is for the individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.
  • P- 1 (Internationally Recognized Athlete)

    The P-1 nonimmigrant classification applies to a foreign national who is coming to the U.S. temporarily to perform at a specific athletic competition as an athlete, individually or as part of a group or team, at an internationally recognized level of performance.
  • R-1 (Religious Worker)

    The R-1 nonimmigrant classification applies to a foreign national who is coming to the United States temporarily to be employed at least part time (average of at least 20 hours per week) by a non-profit religious organization in the United States.
    Ministers and non-ministers in religious vocations and occupations may immigrate to or adjust status in the United States for the purpose of performing religious work in a full-time compensated position. The special immigrant religious worker category is one of several employment-based fourth-preference (EB-4) visa classifications.
  • TN (NAFTA Professionals)

    The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) created special economic and trade relationships for the United States, Canada and Mexico. The TN nonimmigrant classification permits qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in business activities at a professional level.
  • EB-5 Immigrant Investor

    U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services administers the Immigrant Investor Program, also known as “EB-5,” created by Congress in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors.
  • Labor Certification (PERM)

    PERM labor certification is the first in a three-step process in the majority of employment-based, permanent resident cases.
  • I-140 Immigrant Petition for Preference EB-1

    You may be eligible for an employment-based, first-preference visa if you have an extraordinary ability, are an outstanding professor or researcher, or are a multinational executive or manager.
  • I-140 Immigrant Petition for Preference EB-2

    You may be eligible for an employment-based, second preference visa if you are a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or its equivalent, or a foreign national who has exceptional ability.
Learn More


  • I-130 Petition

    A citizen or permanent resident of the US may file a Form I-130 Petition for certain alien relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States. Eligible family members are subject to immigrant visa quotas before they can apply for adjustment of status to permanent residency. The filing and approval of an I-130 Petition is only the first step in helping a family member immigrate to the US.
  • K1 Fiance Petition

    A US Citizen may file for their fiancé(e) who is living outside of the United States. The marriage must take place within 90 days of the foreign national’s entry into the US and the spouse may then apply for permanent residency.
  • Adjustment of status

    A foreign national may adjust status to that of a permanent resident of the United States based upon an approved Family Based or Employment Based Petition. An Adjustment of Status application may also be filed subsequent to a grant of asylum, the approval of a U Visa or under other eligibility categories.
  • Consular Processing and Waivers

    An individual who is the beneficiary of an approved family or employment based immigrant visa petition may apply at a US Department of State consulate abroad for permanent residency when a visa number becomes immediately available. The process begins at the National Visa Center and ends with an eligibility interview at a consular post abroad.
  • I-601A Provisional Waivers

    Certain immediate relatives of US Citizens require a waiver of the unlawful presence bars under INA Section 212(a)(9)(B). The provisional unlawful presence waiver allows individuals who only require an unlawful presence waiver to file this waiver in the US before they depart for their immigrant visa interviews abroad.
  • Naturalization

    A permanent resident who is 18 or older may file for citizenship if they can demonstrate continuous presence for at least 5 years, or 3 years in some cases if married to a US Citizen.
  • VAWA Petitions

    An individual who is the spouse or child of an abusive US Citizen or permanent resident may file a self-petition as a victim of physical or extreme emotional abuse.
  • U Visa

    A victim of certain criminal activity may apply for a U visa upon showing they are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation and prosecution of criminal activity.
Learn More


  • General

    Individuals who are in removal or deportation proceedings before the Immigration Court, may be eligible for certain benefits and defenses that are not listed here. Persons who are facing deportation should contact a licensed immigration attorney to review and assist them with their case as laws governing deportation and removal are very case-specific and complex.
  • Bond Hearings

    Individuals who are held in ICE custody without a bond may file for a bond hearing before the Immigration Judge. The Immigration Judge may set a bond if the individual can prove they do not have serious criminal history, are not a flight risk, do not pose a danger to society and can demonstrate positive equities.
  • Deportation or Removal Proceedings

    If eligible, individuals in removal or deportation proceedings can apply for various benefits which if granted, provide relief from removal.
  • BIA Appeals

    If the Immigration Judge denies an application for relief, in certain cases an individual may file an appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals. The BIA is the highest administrative body for interpreting and applying immigration laws.
  • Federal Petitions for Review and Mandamus Actions
Learn More


  • F-1 (Academic Student)

    The F-1 (Academic Student) nonimmigrant classification allows a foreign national to be a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program for the duration of the program.
  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

    On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that foreign nationals who came to the United States as children and meet several guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal. They are also eligible for work authorization. Deferred action is a use of prosecutorial discretion to defer removal action against the foreign nationals for a certain period of time. Deferred action does not provide lawful status.
  • Asylum (Affirmative and Defensive)

    An individual who is physically present in the US may file an affirmative or defensive application for asylum if they can show they have suffered past persecution and have a well founded fear of persecution based upon an enumerated ground.
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

    Individuals from designated countries who are in the US may apply for permission to stay here for a limited period of time. A TPS country designation may be based on armed-conflict, natural disasters, or other extraordinary but temporary conditions in the country.
  • B1/B2 Visitor Visa

    Individuals who wish to come to the US for temporary business (B1) or tourism/pleasure (B2) – or a combination of both – may file for this visa at a Embassy or Consulate abroad.
  • Change or Extension of Status

    Individuals in the US in certain nonimmigrant status may apply to change or extend this status or change to another category.
Learn More